Thursday, January 2, 2014

Finally We Met Again





English only.
Today was a fantastic day because I met my friend Dorien again! She is a learning and development professional from Belgium and we first met in July 2011. We have been to India where we did a volunteering project with IDEX (Indian Network for Development Exchange). I was really thirsty about coaching and personal development and as I met her I was super happy to met someone I can asked.
Dorien told me about NLP University (where I attend two years later for doing my praactitioner) and gave me recommendations on books and other resources. And much more then that. She really inspired me with two things. First, I was interested how our volunteering activity working with youth there can make a difference and looked hardly for ways making it better. She mentioned that just being with them makes a difference already. I hadn't thought that simple and was enlighted by that. And the secnd thing, a colleague of us had a family emergency and Dorien took over leadership in that important situation and helped out that person immediately, in the middle of the night.
Returned from our trip our friendship continued online and later I was looking for a coach and she started to coach me via skype. About once a month we had coaching sessions and she supported me in periods of lot of change, starting new work, moving to different countries, growing and becoming more complete.
And about three weeks ago we found out that we both have been to London around new years time.
So we met today, had lunch at a vegetarian restaurant near Picadilly, went for a beautiful sunny and blue-sky walk to St. James Park, Westminster Abbey and met later with my girlfriend Harriet and her friend Carmen at the National Gallery, followed by a dinner at a Italian restaurant in Soho.
It's not three years but there is so much to talk about with her. And it's simply wonderful to be in her presence. Just can say thank you for that beautiful day!
GW



You might also like an interview I did with Dorien, while we met in India

No comments:

Post a Comment